Friday, April 10, 2009

Things I've Stumbled Upon

I was sitting at work today, with nothing to do as usual, when I decided to check out Stumbleupon.com. I had been there before, but never really paid any interest to what the site actually includes. Normally, I use Digg to find out what is going on in the world. But, today there was absolutely no work to be found. I figured that I would check out a random website using the stumbleupon search. Knowing that there may be one or two readers of this blog, I have decided to inlude the links to the website that I visit. Sometimes they are weird or wacky. Other times I my find them to be disgusting or downright scary. But, all of these sites are out there in the wild, just waiting for you to find them.
The first site that I found was Photos That Changed the World. Their motto is "Sometimes Breathtaking. Sometimes Horrific. Each photo has the power to inspire." This site has eighty photos, with a new one added each week, that has changed the way humanity perceives itself. Each picture contains a hyperlink that can be clicked to go to the article about the photo. Very informative and educational.
But, for the people who just want to relax there is Just Hear It. This website is now in private Beta testing. The premise behind this site is simple. Type in the name of the band, or song that you want to hear and it will find it for you. You can then create your own playlist for any occasion.These are two websites that I found today that could be of interest to you. Everyday, I will "seek out new life, new civilizations", or at least websites for you to enjoy. If you find any strange or unusual websites that you think would interest me, just include a link in you comments to these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment